“Plotting the Future of Cultural Journalism” — a panel brought together by The Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance — was held last week at WHYY.
We attended this and now we can’t stop talking about it.
Some of our favorite gems from the keynote:
- Do what you do best and link to the rest.
- Walk the perimeter of your community and report on what’s new, important and interesting.
- Have a mission statement that inspires people.
- Don’t duplicate what’s already being done well.
- “70% of content on the web was created by users this year.
- Create structures connecting people at the center of the community.
- Unlock the potential in people.
- MOOCs! Totally news to us and now we might just attend a lecture at Stanford University for fun.
In case you missed it, check out the full video for the full rundown. Also, Flying Kite’s Lee Stabert wrote a fantastic editor’s review of the panel. Read that here.